On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM, vk <mvishnukum...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> my name's vishnu
> im doing my undergrad(2nd yr) .
> i really want to grow as a programmer and i believe that drizzle and
> gsoc can help me with that
>
> would like to discuss on the following gsoc 2012 idea proposals:
> *Make all plugins dynamic
> *table definition files in an innodb table
> *Sharding support in client library
>
> Experience.
>
> languages known:
> C, C++, .net  can always learn more
> know my way around oracle, sql-server and mysql as well

Hi Vishnu

Experience with MySQL and other relational databases and C++
programming sounds like a good start.

Have you read the general GSoC 2012 page already:
http://wiki.drizzle.org/GSOC_2012

One point I think is really good to emphasize there is that it helps a
lot if you have already contributed even just a small fix to Drizzle.
(Or alternatively to MySQL or any other open source project, where
your code is publicly visible.) This really helps in evaluating your
application.

We maintain a list of what we call "log-hanging-fruit" bugs to make it
easy to find small tasks that anyone can start from:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/drizzle/+bugs?field.tag=low-hanging-fruit

For the projects you mention, I will let their mentors (Daniel,
Stewart) say more, but maybe you could go a bit further in why you are
interested in them.

henrik

--
henrik.i...@avoinelama.fi
+358-40-8211286 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559