There was a branch / merge request that fixed it, and you commented
something along the lines of "this is the same as mysqld does" and
didn't approve it. The branch was then deleted by its author so I
can't find it anymore.

We really just would like to know whether we can fix the bug (e.g make
Ctrl-C be the key to kill drizzled, and perhaps Ctrl-Z for stopping)
or just forget it. If you think current behavior is correct, then I
would be curious about an explanation beyond "this is how MySQL always
did it" would be interesting, since generally Drizzle likes to break
from past MySQL habits.

henrik