Hello folks.

I am currently coding the LDAP-based policy plugin and I want to discuss some things with you to give me some ideas. This is short introduction about my plugin functionality: Whenever a user tries to read/write to a schema, the plugin will search in ldap database for the user and the schema. Depending on users' and schemas' attributes the ldap-policy plugin will decide if access should be granted or denied to the user.

The problem is that I am having "hard" time to decide the arrangement of users and schemas in LDAP database. The first that came into my mind is that users should be in directory cn=RANDOM_USER,ou=users,dc=BASE_DN. Users has posixAccount objectclass so they must define their uidNumber and gidNumber. And schemas are in cn=RANDOM_SCHEMA,ou=schemas,dc=BASE_DN and they have attribute like allowedUsers and allowedGroups (I have already create those attrs because I couldn't find anything else to use, feel free to msg me if you any better solution). So after getting these attributes I compare them and decide if user is authorized.

Idea number 2 was that users are in dir cn=RAND_USER,ou=RAND_GROUP,dc=BASE_DN. For schemas it goes the same.

I really can't decide which one I should pick. I would like to hear (actually read) your opinion. Also feel free to suggest your own better idea.

Zisis