Hi Mohit

I've been thinking about the SQL executor part of the refactoring effort.

I haven't dived deeply into this now, but here's the main idea: The
interface between SQL executor and the rest of the code should be
json, not anything sql or related to the Execute API. Anything related
to the Execute API should be encapsulated inside the SQL executor
class.

Basically, the json_in structure is probably what the worker class
should pass into Execute API. (There might be something else needed,
like I said, I didn't really look at this thoroughly today.)

The use case you should have in mind, and why I'm writing this email,
is that you should consider a hypothetical scenario in the future
where we wan't to use the raw storage engine api to access innodb
directly, instead of the Execute API with SQL that we use now. (The
reason to do this would be performance. But as long as we focus on
functionality, using SQL is very convenient.) Then that could be
easily done by replacing the SQL Executor class with another class
that uses the storage engine api.

That's all. I'm at a conference tomorrow, back online on Friday.

henrik

--
henrik.i...@avoinelama.fi
+358-40-8211286 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559