On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 03:21:51 +0300, Zisis Sialveras <zisi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks.
> I am coding LDAP policy plugin and I had detect a strange "behavor" of
> Authorization API.
> I have a schema named test and a user named Zisis. Zisis is not
> authorized in schema test.
>
> If I press "use test;" in drizzle client, the access is denied as it
> should be.
> The strange thing is in Drizzle server. Drizzle is calling function for
> test restrictSchema() twice. And after that is calling restrictSchema()
> twice for INFORMATION_SCHEMA.
> Why is this happening ? It should be like this way or it is a bug ? If
> it is a bug can someone point me where should I look to fix it ?

It's possibly a bug.

If you start test-run.pl with --gdb an xterm will open with gdb running
and you can set a breakpoint on restrictSchema() and see where it's
called from.

Otherwise you can use the stacktrace code that we have and use the magic
printf debugging technique.

My guess is that there will have to be a cache for ldap lookups to
ensure performance is acceptable.

--
Stewart Smith