Anshu Kumar: ansharyan015

Last week passed faster than I expected it to. During the week I worked on two separate plugins, namely, auth_http and logging_gearman. Although, according to the order as decided earlier, the turn was for filtered_replicator plugin, but that plugin is temporarily disabled as it depended on transaction_log plugin which has been removed from the system. So working of filtered_replicator will require to solve some dependencies and making all the test cases work. The next in the list was memcached_stats which too has been disabled due to some unknown issues (will update on this soon). Buffering both these plugins for future, I jumped onto auth_http and then logging_gearman.

Auth_http

This is an authentication plugin, which uses apache mod_auth module for authentication. Hence a web server is required for this authentication. This plugin just registers a system variable ‘URL’ with the drizzle server. Making this dynamic just required to make this variable dynamic, so that user can change this at runtime. The work was very simple as there were no cache values and other issues to deal with as in case of other plugins. It just checks if the new url value given is valid or not. It if is then replace the value of the variable with the new one.

Logging_gearman

This is a logging plugin which uses gearman server to log all the queries submitted to the server. Refer to the previous blog entry for detailed description.

Code References
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ansharyan015/drizzle/auth_http_dynamic/revision/2565
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ansharyan015/drizzle/logging_gearman_dynamic/revision/2567

Dynamic code for regex_policy and auth_file plugins were also merged to the trunk during the last week.
Cheers. :)