MySQL Performance Blog: Announcing Percona Playback 0.4 (now with packages!)

We are glad to announce the availability of Percona Playback 0.4, the first release where we’ve released binary packages alongside our source release.

Binary packages for RHEL/CentOS 6 are available with Debian/Ubuntu packages soon to come (we are ensuring our dependencies are correct before publishing). Packages and source may be downloaded from here and are available in our EXPERIMENTAL repositories.

Changes in this release (since 0.3):

  • Produce binary packages for CentOS/RHEL and Debian/Ubuntu.
  • Initial libdrizzle based database client (can be used instead of libmysqlclient).
  • Fix #1021577, improve accurate mode of tcpdump playback.
  • We now build on CentOS/RHEL 5 (with appropriate libraries)
  • Documentation updates