On 11/05/2011 12:01 PM, phocean wrote:
> Now it fails like this :
>
> $ make PROGRAMS="scp" STATIC=1
> gcc -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -static -o scp scp.o
> progressmeter.o atomicio.o scpmisc.o compat.o
> ld: fatal: library -lc: not found
> ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to scp
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [scp] Erreur 1
>
> Obviously /usr/lib is not the correct path, but what is this library it
> is complaining about?

That would be the C library.  libc.  I.E. the library containign
standard C functions like printf.  When you build "hello world", it
links against libc.

Your bug report boils down to "my toolchain is so broken it can't build
hello world".  This is not a dropbear issue.

Why are you building a program for solaris, didn't Sun go out of
business and oracle terminate their abandonware version?

Rob