Hi Paul,

Which SSH implementation are you using on the client side?
If you're using Dropbear then -B "netcat mode" will do what
I think you want. It's entirely client-side using standard
TCP forwarding from the spec, it just connects the SSH
client's input to that TCP forwarded channel.

Another option would be to send the command
"nc localserver localport" in the SSH session.  You'll need
to make sure "nc" is installed on the server. In the past
when I've done that I've had problems with nc processes
hanging around which is why I added "netcat mode".

I may be misunderstanding exactly how your setup fits
together, let me know.

Cheers,
Matt