I had a very odd situation where an xls file would not download
In the end it turned out that sniffer software running on the network decided 
that the file had  a virus and stopped the download.
I stumbled on the solution when I found that I could download the file from 
localhost.
So do the test to download to localhost to make sure its not the transport that 
fails

Monika

—
Monika Mevenkamp
Digital Repository Infrastructure Developer
Princeton University
Phone: 609-258-4161
Skype: mo-meven

On Feb 2, 2016, at 12:48 PM, Michael Stone 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Folks,

I could use the community's help with a really odd problem.

I recently upgraded a clent's DSpace website 
(http://192.203.127.197/archive)<http://192.203.127.197/archive> from 1.6.2 to 
5.4, and while the upgrade appeared to be successful at the time the client and 
myself are wondering why they're unable to download any .mp3 files that they 
uploaded to the website after the upgrade. The odd part of all this is that the 
download problem is isolated to files with .mp3 file extensions.

To see examples of the problem visit the two URLs below and click on the 
View/Open links.

  *   http://192.203.127.197/archive/handle/123456789/839
  *   http://192.203.127.197/archive/handle/123456789/838


Has anyone experienced the same or similar problem and could point a fellow 
developer in the direction of a solution?

Also, I can upload log files if needed.

Additional Information:

Server Environment:
OS: Windows 2008
RAM: 16Gb

Web server:

  *   Pre-upgrade: Apache Glassfish v3.x
  *   Post-upgrade: Apache Tomcat v7.0.65 Windows executable

Database:

  *   Pre-upgrade: PostgresSQL v8.4
  *   Post-upgrade: PostgresSQL v9.4.5-3

DSpace:

  *   Pre-upgrade: 1.6.2
  *   Post-upgrade: 5.4

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"DSpace Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
To post to this group, send email to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-community.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"DSpace Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-community.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to