Hi,

In order to run your machine via your IP address, you'd need to open up
port 4000 to the world, and ensure that your backend is running via HTTPS
per the production setup instructions (see step 16 of backend
install):
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-BackendInstallation

It's only possible to run the backend via HTTP if everything is running on
localhost.  As soon as you want to use your IP address or a domain name,
you'll need to switch to using HTTPS (as modern web browsers will block the
cookies required to be passed from the backend to the frontend if you
attempt to use HTTP).

If you need more help, then you should follow our troubleshooting guide to
find the underlying
error:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

 Most likely, if this is a new installation, you may be encountering one of
the common installation
issues:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-CommonInstallationIssues

Tim