Hi Miguel,

as far as I know, DSpace doesn't support zip files extraction, in the sense
that you can't submit an item, attach a zip to it, and expect DSpace to
extract it and process it's contents.
However, depending on the usecase, this might be a nice feature request. You
can always submit it to JIRA (the issue tracker for DSpace).

If you haven't used JIRA before, here's an introduction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPaz8L82DV4

best regards,

Bram Luyten

@mire - http://www.atmire.com

Technologielaan 9 - 3001 Heverlee - Belgium
533 2nd Street - Encinitas, CA 92024 - USA

http://www.togather.eu - Before getting together, get t...@ther

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Miguel Carro Pellicer <
farreri.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi subscribers.
>
> I want to know if any version of Dspace supports Zip files extraction.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Greetings from Spain.Miguel
>
> --
>
>  <http://www.samoo.es/>
>
>   <http://www.samoo.es/>
>
> *Miguel Carro Pellicer* <http://www.samoo.es/>
>
> mca...@pentec.es
>
> +34 - 96 393 74 33 ext. 32
>
> www.samoo.es
>

> Este  correo  y  sus archivos asociados son privados y confidenciales y va
> dirigido  exclusivamente  a su destinatario. Si recibe este correo sin ser
> el  destinatario del mismo, le rogamos proceda a su eliminación y lo ponga
> en  conocimiento del emisor. La difusión por cualquier medio del contenido
> de  este  correo podría ser sancionada conforme a lo previsto en las leyes
> españolas, Ley Orgánica 15/1999 de Protección de Datos de Carácter
> Personal.  No  se autoriza la utilización con fines comerciales o para su
> incorporación a ficheros automatizados de las direcciones del emisor o del
> destinatario.”
>

> This mail and its attached files are confidential and are only and
> exclusively intended to their addressee. In case you may receive this mail
> not being its addressee, we beg you to let us know the error by reply and to
> proceed to destroy it. The circulation by any mean of this mail could be
> penalised in accordance with the Spanish legislation. Is not allowed the use
> of both, the transmitter and the addressee’s, address with a commercial aim,
> or in order to be incorporated to automated data process or to any kind of
> files.
>

> P Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense bien si es necesario
> hacerlo. El medioambiente es cosa de todos.

<<image002.jpg>>