Hi Jeffrey,
I try to help, these are some personal note about 1.5->1.6 migration...
pretty far to be complete!

1) yes, you need to run an update sql script dspace/[postgres|oracle]/
please put a notice for the oracle users like this: Please note that the
last 3 rows of the output of the sql script will be additional queries
to run against your db. They are need to make changes to some foreign
key definition, look to the comments inside the sql script for
additional information.

2) the suggestion should be to start from scratch with a new dspace.cfg
and paste in it your changes; use the dspace.cfg in
[dspace-src-folder]/dspace/config/ so you need only to run mvn package
and after the ant update without the -Dconfig parameter

3) you need to execute index-init because the authority control
framework change the definition of the browsing tables.
Hope this help,
Andrea

Jeffrey Trimble ha scritto:
> I need a little assistance in making sure our directions for upgrading
> a current installation
> of DSpace 1.5 to 1.6 are going to be correct.  As I start to code the
> documentation this week,
> here are the list of issues I need assistance with.
>
> PRAENOTANDA:  I have not attempted to upgrade any of my test or
> developmental environments,
> because, I'm not sure the trunk is complete.
>
> 1.  Do we have an "Update the Database" step where an SQL script is
> going to run?
>
> 2.  Update of dspace.cfg files.  In the past we have had very
> confusing directions in which we have
> instructed users to perform the update_configs directions.   It was
> always "after" the complete update
> of DSpace, and before the customization options.  I have al y when
> attempting
> to perform it.  So, I just ignore that step, and manually update the
> dspace.cfg file.  So, here's my suggestions/questions
> to this:
> -- If you are going to run ant -Dconfig=[dspace]/config/dspace.cfg
> update_configs, it should be the step
> before you run the normal ant -Dconfig=[dspace]/config/dspace.cfg
> update.  Is there agreement here?
>
> 3.  Are there additional steps that need to be included?  Such as:
> -- index-init
> -- additional configurations that need special attention that the
> directions in the config file needs enhanced?
>
> I hope to have  a preliminary upgrade section written by the middle of
> the week for feedback.
>
> T div>Jeff
>

> Jeffrey Trimble
> System LIbrarian
> William F.  Maag Library
> Youngstown State University
> 330.941.2483 (Office)
> jtrim...@cc.ysu.edu <mailto:jtrim...@cc.ysu.edu>
> http://www.maag.ysu.edu
> http://digital.maag.ysu.edu
> "I must not fear.  Fear is the m ill permit it to pass over me and
> through me..."
> --Litany against fear....

Dott. Andrea Bollini
Project Manager, IT Architect & Systems Integrator
Sezione Servizi per le Biblioteche e l'Editoria Elettronica
CILEA, http://www.cilea.it
tel. +39 06-59292853
cel. +39 348-8277525

---

Disclaimer: the content of this email is confidential and may be privileged,
and it must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. If you
have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it
from your system. The content of this email does not constitute legal advice,
nor any responsibility is accepted for loss or damage incurred as a result of
acting upon its contents or attachments.
The statements and opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and
do not necessarily reflect those of the employer.