> I'm looking into XMLGregorianCalendar as well -- I wouldn't
> say DCDate "revolves" around java.util.Date so much. It is
> often constructed from a Date object, and can return one but
> the private calendar objects which are storing the actual
> date/time components are plain GregorianCalender.

Bad choics of words on my part - Even when a DCDate is constructed from a
metadata value string rather than a Date, the first thing it does is construct
a Date which it then uses to contruct the GregorianCalendar.

> This discussion is great (and necessary!), but if/when we go
> down this road I think it should be post-1.6.1 -- we don't
> have time to make such big changes for 1.6.1, and it could be
> argued that it's more than a 'bug fix'. I think we can tidy
> up the small problems with granularity, display and so on for
> 1.6.1 and then go from there. Happy to hear counterpoints!

For my part I agree. I personally wont have time to rewrite the class and test
it properly pre-1.6.1.

Cheers.