Peter,

I'm wondering if the central repo maintainers may have dropped syncing
the maven.dspace.org repository and instead are now syncing using the
sonatype repository.  I will be traveling the next day, maybe I can
look into it Sunday night/Monday morning.

We are waiting on
http://maven.dspace.org/release/org/dspace/dspace-api-lang/1.7.0.0/

to be synced to
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/dspace/dspace-api-lang/

This may suggest we will need to attempt a sonatype release after all.

Mark

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 8:42 PM, Peter Dietz <dietz...@osu.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
> The status of cutting the RC for 1.7 is that I pushed dspace-xmlui-lang and
> dspace-api-lang (1.7.0.0) to maven on Friday at 5pm EST, and have been
> waiting for maven central to pick up on this and sync it so that it appears
> in the maven central list. Which is a prerequisite step for releasing the
> rest of the project.
> I'm hoping that a more maven-repository savvy person can take a look at
> things, since something should have synced by now. I'm wondering if they
> might have changed their process for taking artifact updates. Sonatype
> anyone?
> Our Release Procedure has a link to the maven-repo-maintainers mailing list
> which appears to not have had a sync success in a few weeks.
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/ReleaseProcedure
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-repo-maintainers/201010.mbox/browser
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD
> --
> Peter Dietz
> Systems Developer/Engineer
> Ohio State University Libraries
>

> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Peter Dietz <dietz...@osu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I released the api/xmlui lang packages friday, so I'm waiting for them to
>> appear in maven to continue.
>>
>> Hopefully things can keep on moving so the release is safe.
>>
>> On Nov 6, 2010 3:13 PM, "Tim Donohue" <tdono...@duraspace.org> wrote:
>> > Hi Peter,
>> >
>> > Just wanting to check in on the 1.7.0 RC1 status. I noticed it looks
>> > like
>> > we didn't get the release out on Friday (which is fine -- shouldn't be a
>> > big
>> > deal). Just let me know if you need me to take the lead on anything on
>> > Monday to make sure 1.7 Testathon goes off as planned.
>> >
>> > Thanks! Have a good rest of your weekend!
>> >
>> > - Tim

Mark R. Diggory
@mire - www.atmire.com
533 2nd Street - Encinitas, CA 92024 - USA
Technologielaan 9 - 3001 Heverlee - Belgium