Hi all,

The development environment I have set up using DSpace 1.7.2 and Maven
3.0.3, consists only of the modules jspui, oai, and solr.

I have configured a postgres 9.0 database and a tomcat 6.0.33 server.

I have configured tomcat to have Maven's build.dir as its docBase for the
modules above, so any changes to the JSP's appear immediately, ok so far.

The problem is that every time I change/add something in the java code, I
have to run "mvn package", which takes ~2 min in my setup.

Is there a faster way to do this without re-building the whole project?
Ideally, could the change go directly to the jar that was changed in the
WEB-INF/lib folder of the webapp? What approach do you use when
developing/debugging the java backend?

I have tried multi-threaded builds without any luck.

I appreciate your help.

Best regards,
Nikolaos Konstantinou