I have read the post at Duraspace Wiki of how to hide communities and
collections and I need to develop a similar case.
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Hide+Community+or+Collection+from+list

I am developing DSpace 1.7.2 in XMLUI and I dont know wich would be the
better way to hide communities/collection for my proyect.

I need to hide communities/collections when they has not got items but the
administrator needs to see them for submit new items. Also, the
community/collection must become visible when it has at least one item,
result of this last submission.

I am searching how to do this but I do not know wich would be the better
way to do it.

Thank you for your attention.