Hi Michael (& Peter),

Instructions for setting up DSpace debugging in NetBeans are available
on our wiki:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/IDE+Integration+-+DSpace+and+NetBeans#IDEIntegration-DSpaceandNetBeans-DebugDSpaceWebAppusingTomcatIntegration

See specifically the stuff under the *third* bullet point. To get
everything working right, you must set the "dspace.dir" property (for
Dspace 3 and above) or "dspace.config" (for DSpace 1.8.x and below).
It's a one time configuration, but you need to perform it on each Webapp
you want to debug (XMLUI, JSPUI, etc.)

- Tim