El 09/12/13 17:17, Pottinger, Hardy J. ha escrit:
> Hi, I'm wondering if anyone in the community has explored using a
> deployment tool, or even better, a continuous delivery tool, for deploying
> DSpace in production? I am researching the possibility of using Go [1] to
> manage code deployment, but I'd love to hear from others in the community
> about what you might be using for deploying DSpace? I do know of one
> institution that uses Capistrano to deploy DSpace.
>
> I'm mostly looking for a tool to give some structure and manageability to
> what code gets deployed where, when and why.
>
> Tangent: as long as I'm asking about the dev side, might as well ask about
> ops. Has anyone out there built a Puppet or Chef recipe for preparing a
> server to run DSpace? Or, more broadly, has anyone scripted the
> installation stage of provisioning a server for DSpace, and if so, would
> you be able to share the script(s)?
>
> I'm very aware that I'm asking for the keys to the kingdom here. :-) I'm
> just in a situation where I'm going to have to re-provision a new "box"
> for running DSpace, and, I'm frankly sick to death of thinking about
> boxes. :-\
>
> [1] http://www.thoughtworks.com/products/go-continuous-delivery
>

> --
> HARDY POTTINGER <pottinge...@umsystem.edu>
> University of Missouri Library Systems
> http://lso.umsystem.edu/~pottingerhj/
> https://MOspace.umsystem.edu/
> "We shall not cease from exploration, and at the end of all our exploring
> will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."
> --T.S. Eliot

Hi Hardy,

We are in the process of setting up the deployment through Jenkins, as
it is already used for other projects. I haven't used any other similar
system, so I can't compare it, however, I can say it's easy to set up
and has lots of plugins to do all kind of suff.

Cheers,
Àlex