I can't help thinking that, while there was nothing *wrong* with
DSpace's proposals, there was nothing attractive enough to Google to
overcome the desire to let in fresh organizations.  I doubt that *all*
former participants were turned down.

If GSOC is worth doing (and I don't question that) then it might be
well to schedule some discussion for, say, August, and again around
October, to get out in front of next year's application season and
give more time for GSOC activities to be part of our release planning.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.