On 5/22/2014 2:50 PM, Mark H. Wood wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 03:38:03PM -0400, Mark H. Wood wrote:
>> The timing tests sporadically (but often) fail on my workstation.  But
>> I don't want to disable all the tests, just the one I want to avoid.
>>
>> I found almost nothing about the contiperf Maven plugin.  Maybe there
>> are no controls, but...I'm asking anyway.
>
> Found it!  http://databene.org/contiperf a little over halfway down,
> under "Dual use with Maven":  mvn test -DargLine="-Dcontiperf.active=false"
>
> I wonder if there's a way to do this with a profile, so we could
> disable performance tests by default and only turn them on during CI
> testing (or anytime you care to explicitly enable them).  Performance
> testing shouldn't be happening in development environments, which may
> vary widely.

Seems like it should be possible to manage via a profile. I'd say create
a JIRA ticket so we can track it better.

We already have a "skiptests" profile which is enabled by default (i.e.
Unit tests are skipped by default).

https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/pom.xml#L518

So, similarly, it seems like we should be able to setup some sort of
profile to skip 'contiperf' tests by default unless you explicitly turn
them on (which we can do for any CI tools).

- Tim