Followup to IRC conversation with hpottinger.

Please remind me why we do this.  If there are two stacked
AuthenticationMethods which happen to use the same identifiers, we
could ignore the user's choice and always authenticate using the first
one.  At most one method is allowed to succeed before
AuthenticationManager.authenticate() returns, so the reason can't be
to let every method get a look at the login request.

Should we not rather have an AuthenticationMethod.authorize() in
addition to .authenticate()?  A UI would tell AuthenticationManager
which method to use for authentication, and then AuthenticationManager
would call authorize() on every method.  authenticate would *only*
verify credentials; authorize() would be for whatever a method would
like to do, such as decorating the session with additional
information, updating the EPerson or other records, etc.  It might be
sensible to have authorize() take up the function of adding special
groups to the session.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst