On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Iris Frieling <iris.friel...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello helix84,
>
> thanks for the answering of my questions. The demand for the multi-client
> capability is still left open.
> Multi-client capability means that a department in an organization or user of
> a data center can be managed completely separate. Each user has its own data
> base, and he alone has access to this data base, all the other users have no
> insight into the data of the other users.
>
> Is that understandable, do you know what I mean? Has Dspace such a function?
>
> It would be nice if you could help me.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Iris

Yes, in a way that's present and supported. You can:

a) Have multiple independent DSpace instances, but they can still
harvest each other's collections as needed.
b) Each community (that's what we call the top-level container in
DSpace) within a single DSpace instance can be managed separately,
with a different set of users having several levels of admin access
for it (curating it). There is still one site admin (or several, if
you want) who have complete access to the whole instance.

Regards,
~~helix84