Hi Jose,

SWORD v1.3 is only able to send content to a repository, and does not have any update capabilities

However, SWORD v2 (which DSpace also supports) does have update capabilities. You might want to investigate instead using the DSpace SWORDv2 interface for these purposes. However, SWORDv2 won't be able to update access rights, as it's a generic protocol that isn't DSpace specific

More on SWORDv2 at:
http://swordapp.org/sword-v2/

Specifically see:
* Specification: http://swordapp.org/sword-v2/sword-v2-specifications/
* Presentations: http://swordapp.org/sword-v2/sword-v2-presentations/
* Implementations / Tools: http://swordapp.org/sword-v2/sword-v2-implementations/

If you are planning on doing a lot of remote item manipulation, you also may wish to look at what is offered by the DSpace REST API. As of DSpace 5, it's now a read/write API...it doesn't allow editing of *all* settings in DSpace quite yet, but it does allow for basic editing/changes to Items, Collections, Communities. https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/REST+API

Good luck. If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask them on this list, and hopefully we can help.

- Tim