Thanks, Ivan. I always get the sense that you understand what I am trying
to do and I really appreciate that. It's good to know I am basically on the
right track.

I don't know if you remember, but you were coaching me a while back when I
was coding up our digitized newspaper portal. It wound up being a huge
success and we now serve up, as of this morning, 1,373,233 pages on it and
the number grows daily. After trying hard to make it work,I made the
decision not to use dspace for that because I would have to really twist it
hard to fit but by learning more about how dspace works (especially SOLR) I
was able to, with your help, come up with an effective tool for our
librarians and patrons. It does not happen often, but when it's down my
phone rings off the hook.

It strikes me that it's odd that dspace would not make searching through
rest a feature right up front. What was the thought process behind that?

postgrest.com looks very interesting. I will be checking that out!