Hi Chris,

It is possible, but you'd need to build a "consumer" to listen for those events. This specific event (reindexing OAI after a new item is submitted / changed) is one that has been requested many times before. We have an open ticket for it that is looking for a volunteer developer:

https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2644

So, if you are interested in helping build this out, there's some more information / links in that ticket which describe some of the issues with getting this to "work right". We'd love to have someone volunteer to help move this ticket forward and/or submit a GitHub pull request to fix this. More on how you can contribute code back to DSpace is at: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Code+Contribution+Guidelines

Thanks,

Tim