From: Ari <ariha...@jyu.fi>
Sent: Monday, September 5, 2016 8:34:50 AM
To: DSpace Technical Support
Cc: terry.br...@georgetown.edu; Ilja Sidoroff
Subject: Re: [dspace-tech] Querying items by metadata item via SOLR and REST

Hi Ilja,

we aiming fullly REST-based solution (dumping both workflow and XMLUI admin UI)
so we do lot of REST tests.

This should work for filtered-items (items who's author name contains "Matti"):

 curl  -H "Accept: application/json"
"http:your.dspace.com:8080/rest/filtered-items?&query_field[]=dc.contributor.author&query_op[]=contains&query_val[]=Matti&collSel[]=&limit=100&offset=0&expand=parentCollection,metadata&filters=none"
 -g | python -m json.tool

If you need to be logged in, then:

1. First, authenticate your self:
curl --data "email=your.email&password=your_pass"
http://your_dspace.com:8080/rest/login<http://your_dspace.com:8080/rest/login>
-c cookies.txt

2. Test that authentication was successful:
curl  -H "Accept: application/json"
http://your_dspace.com:8080/rest/status<http://your_dspace.com:8080/rest/status>
 -b cookies.txt

- this should return something like this:
{"okay":true,"authenticated":true,"email":"your.email","fullname":"ari
","sourceVersion":null,"apiVersion":null}

Hope this helps,
Ari