Hi Ullas,

I see no reason why you couldn't.

You could have multiple separate full DSpace installs and put a load
balancer in front of it. You'd have to keep the DB instances and asset
stores in sync. There's a lot of (generic/non-DSpace) info online
about doing this for Postgre, Solr, and filesystems (i.e. a lot of
information about how to scale a web app).

You can also separate out the pieces of a single DSpace installation.

It looks like there have been previous relevant discussions on the
DSpace emails lists. This wiki page may also be helpful:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Clustering

Please report back what you end up setting up.

Cheers,

Tom