I posted this in Community a week or so ago, but I think perhaps the tech
forum might be a more suitable place.

We are running DSpace 5.5, XMLUI, and a custom theme based off Mirage 2.
 I've been tasked with trying to customize the top level DSpace landing
page (beyond what can be done via simple changes to news-xmlui.xml) and I'm
wondering what the best approach here is.

Do I modify my page-structure.xsl in some way, checking to see if the top
page is being rendered?  Is there something I can do in xmlui.xconf or
sitemap.xmap to style that first page differently?  Any pointers would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Darryl