Hi Bruno,

I am running Tomcat 8 and I have updated my server.xml as the wiki
suggested.  Here is what my <Engine> container looks like now (I highlighted
what I added):

      <!--For clustering, please take a look at documentation at:
          /docs/cluster-howto.html  (simple how to)
          /docs/config/cluster.html (reference documentation) -->
      <!--
      <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"/>
      -->
      <!-- Use the LockOutRealm to prevent attempts to guess user passwords
           via a brute-force attack -->
      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm">
        <!-- This Realm uses the UserDatabase configured in the global JNDI
             resources under the key "UserDatabase".  Any edits
             that are performed against this UserDatabase are immediately
             available for use by the Realm.  -->
               resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
      </Realm>
      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
        <!-- SingleSignOn valve, share authentication between web
applications
             Documentation at: /docs/config/valve.html -->
        <!--
        <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" />
        -->
        <!-- Access log processes all example.
             Documentation at: /docs/config/valve.html
             Note: The pattern used is equivalent to using pattern="common"
-->
directory="logs"
               prefix="localhost_access_log" suffix=".txt"
               pattern="%h %l %u %t &quot;%r&quot; %s %b" />

        <Context path="/solr" reloadable="true">
         <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
allow="127\.0\.0\.1|10\.84\.244\.d+|10\.175\.d+\.d+" />
         <Parameter name="LocalHostRestrictionFilter.localhost"
value="false" override="false" />
        </Context>

      </Host>
    </Engine>

I have restarted Tomcat, but now the SOLR instance returns ""*Access to the
specified resource has been forbidden."*  for all access attempts,
including localhost.  Further guidance would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Don.