very helpful thanks

did a bit more reading and this is what I understand now  for my use case,
which is submit a brand new item to a collections workflow

1) have to configure such that  password authentication is enabled
2) have to figure out how to tell sword to stick the submission into a workflow
3) have to write a  hopefully small script that establishes the connection and
pushes a zip file :  metadata plus bitstreams
4) have to figure the format of that zip file out

2 and 4  look like they have DSPace specific pieces  - so I am asking you guys
- anybody with an answer ?
Somebody must have done this or something very similar.

Monika

Monika Mevenkamp
mo.me...@gmail.com

http://mo-meven.tumblr.com/