Hi, Arjun.

I think it would be best if you use a central LDAP server for
authentication. Most organizations have one of these, as they need a single
login for many organizational services like email, intranet, etc. DSpace
has support for LDAP authentication and it works well. Users can log in,
but they cannot change their passwords through DSpace. They would only be
able to change their passwords somewhere else, via normal LDAP methods.
Restricting users from changing their passwords isn't a very good practice
anyways.

Those are my thoughts,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 12:37 PM arjun k <arjunit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear sir,
>
>  My name is arjun I am workin in an engineering college and also i am
> using dspace version 5.4 xmlui platform as a digital repository.
>
> Now we are planning to implement the user login feature . What i need is a
> single user account (e-person) with password and *the password resetting
> need to be disabled for the same user which means,*
>
> USER  ACCOUNT/E-Person : student@vidyaacademy
>        PASSWORD                 :             student
>
> Here the password of the E-PERSON is given as  "student"This  password
>
> *cannot be resetted at anycost.    ONLY ADMIN CAN DO THIS RESETTING.One
> resetting is done some others using same id and password cant reach to the
> contents in repository.*
> Due to numerous number of students it is very difficult to create user id
> for all students.
>
> can you anybody help me?

Alan Orth
alan.o...@gmail.com