Ivan,

Thanks for the instructions.  I have added them to my git cheat sheet.

I am not sure why my original rebase created this error.  I am glad to see
that I was able to repair 3 of my 4 branches.

I concur with Hardy that it could be useful to have a set of useful git
recipes on the DSpace wiki.

Terry

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 6:02 AM, Hardy Pottinger <hardy.pottin...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Helix84, that is a fantastic write-up! Would you consider adding a version
> of it to the DSpace wiki in the section about how to use Git? I have always
> wondered what might have happened when I have seen thousands of commits not
> my own show up in a pull request. So far the only thing I've found to work
> in this situation is to "take a Mulligan" and re-do the branch (either
> manually, or via a "cherry-pluck" (warning, not an actual command, just a
> descriptive word, coined by Peter Dietz). This poster [1] has been helpful
> to me. But, I feel better knowing that someone can explain what *probably*
> went wrong, and that there *are* commands you can run to *put it right*
> without resorting to the Mulligan.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Hardy
>
> [1] http://justinhileman.info/article/git-pretty/git-pretty.pdf
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 3:03 AM, helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk> wrote:
>
>> The last command should have been just:
>>
>> git push terrywbrady ds3282 --force
>>

>> Regards,
>> ~~helix84
>>
>> Compulsory reading: DSpace Mailing List Etiquette
>> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Mailing+List+Etiquette
>>
>> --

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
http://georgetown-university-libraries.github.io/
<https://www.library.georgetown.edu/lit/code>
425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)