I have a collection which did not have the BITSREAM_READ authorization
policy associated with it (my fault, I was testing an idea - seemingly a
bad one).  I attempted to create a new item and an associated bitstream.
The submission failed (of course, because of the missing policy).  However,
a "ghost" item for that errant item is listed in the Community view.  It is
not listed in the attempted Collection.  I'd like to get rid of this ghost
item, but there seems to be no way to do that from the control panel.  If I
look at the data in the database, this ITEM is not associated with any
COLLECTION, but there are various metatdata which are associated with the
"ghost".  I could go into the database and delete the raw data (ITEM,
ITEM2BUNDLE, BUNDLE, BUNDLE2BITSTREAM, BITSTREAM and METADATAVALUE).  Any
advice on this and any potential issues which I might create by doing the
database delete would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Don.