I am running DSpace 5.5 with XMLUI.  I am making some customizations to the
StatisticsTransformer java module.  I am hoping to crack two nuts with this
post/question.  I have written my own version of the procedure
"addDisplayListing".  I want to be able to render a custom hyperlink.  So,
I know that I need to use the addXref function.  I'd like to have the
target URL as a string in some config file somewhere (like messages.xml).
I'd also like to be able to have the target URL open in a new browser
winder (i.e. setting the "target" attribute of the resulting <A></A> tag),

Currently, in order to render the <A></A> tag content,  I have:

    valListRow.addCell("02", Cell.ROLE_DATA, "datacell").addXref("
http://mySpecialURL.com";, "Click to see feedback");

This results in <A href="http://mySpecialURL.com";>Click to see feedback</A>

Q1. So, how/where can I make "http://mySpecialURL.com"; configurable so that
I don't have to do a special build for dev and another for test and another
for prod?

Q2. I know that there is version of addXref with a  third parameter, but
that results in setting the "class" attribute of the <A></A> tag (there is
no way in CSS to target a new browser window - if there were, this would be
the solution).  So, is there some way of injecting the "target" attribute
into the resulting <A></A> tag?

Best regards,

Don.