The usage statistics are stored in SOLR for DSpace 5.  It is possible to
write queries to see the most downloaded bitstream.

XMLUI provides a listing of the most downloaded bitstreams.  See
http://demo.dspace.org/xmlui/statistics

(The landing page for demo.dspace.org/xmlui will provide instructions on
how to log in so you can see this information.)

Would that provide the information you would like to see?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 7:51 AM, Edmilson José Boregas <ejsbore...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have to produce a ranking of the most downloaded bitstream (Dspace 5.5).
>

> At the dspace log file I've found the following messages:
>

> 2017-02-04 00:20:22,663 INFO  org.dspace.usage.LoggerUsageEventListener @
> anonymous:session_id=826A711DAFC58FA021873BA5F1D7DD
> E1:ip_addr=157.55.39.41:view_bitstream:bitstream_id=22895
>

> 2017-02-04 00:20:24,737 INFO  org.dspace.app.xmlui.cocoon.BitstreamReader
> @ anonymous:session_id=9446A033674E101C86BE2CAE2BAA45
> 92:ip_addr=173.252.88.95:view_bitstream:handle=10438/2674,withdrawn=true
>

> I ask:
>

> 1. Which of those lines mean that a bitstream was downloaded?  Is there
> any others?
>

> 2. Is there some tool in Dspace 5.5 that can help me to extract this kind
> of event from dspace log file?
>

> Thanks a bunch
>

> Ejsboregas

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
http://georgetown-university-libraries.github.io/
<https://www.library.georgetown.edu/lit/code>
425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)