Before you restart Tomcat be sure to clear the cocoon cache.  Once you have
stopped Tomcat do to tomcatdir\work\localhost\ROOT\cache-dir and delete
both cocoon-ehcache.data and cocoon-ehcache.index.  Then restart Tomcat.

Note: If you are using XMLUI, and have not renamed the XMLUI webapp to ROOT
then the Tomcat cache dir is: tomcatdir\work\localhost\xmlui\cache-dir
Similarly for JSPUI.

Regards,

Don.