OK, the handle table has two columns: handle_id and handle. The content of
these columns should be equal, this way "update-handle-prefix" script
creates new handles according to the handle_id.

The problem with my database was the handle column differs from handle_id
column and when running the script, it created a mess :(

Can I update handle_id safely according to my metadata? Should I only
update the handle column?

Javier T.