I think I found a bug in filter-media. I'm trying to force the
re-generation of all PDF thumbnails in a collection by limiting the
filter-media command to the ImageMagick PDF Thumbnail plugin, but I see it
still processing JPGs:

---
$ [dspace]/bin/dspace filter-media -f -i 10568/16856 -p "ImageMagick PDF
Thumbnail"
File: EnvtNaturalRes.jpg.jpg
FILTERED: bitstream 80165 (item: 10568/76133) and created
'EnvtNaturalRes.jpg.jpg'
File: zemadim_2016.pdf.jpg
FILTERED: bitstream 85076 (item: 10568/77324) and created
'zemadim_2016.pdf.jpg'
---

The configuration for filter-media's ImageMagick plugins is:

---
filter.org.dspace.app.mediafilter.ImageMagickImageThumbnailFilter.inputFormats
= BMP, GIF, image/png, JPG, TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000
filter.org.dspace.app.mediafilter.ImageMagickPdfThumbnailFilter.inputFormats
= Adobe PDF
---

The expected behavior is that filter-media only processes bitstreams
matching the input formats listed in the plugin's configuration. In my case
I would be generating thumbnails for thousands of items and so this creates
lots of extra I/O and wastes CPU cycles.

We are running DSpace version 5.5.

Thank you,
--

Alan Orth