Hi all,

I am just encountering a very specific problem - I need to delete a
Collection and left there some kind of thombstone (so in terms of DSpace to
withdraw it).
By thombstone I mean something else than default

"Invalid Identifier The identifier xyz does not correspond to a valid
Object in DSpace. ..."

Ideal solution would be to perform redirection to another Collection or
just to show to the users that "This Collection has been moved to the ...".
Still good would be "This Collection was deleted. R.I.P. ...".

I have considered some ways how to do it.

1. the redirection via the Apache Web server, however, I would prefer
"inside the DSpace" solution
2. implement for myself a mechanism how to manage it (not really delete,
but mark as delete, and then handle in a special way) => to much work
3. hack the handle table and fill in the "resource_id" with the different
collection ID I like to redirect to - the question is: "Do I spoil
something else (OAI, SOLR, ...) by doing it this way?"
4. ...

Have you already needed to handle such situation? Any tips&tricks?

Regards,

Vlastik

Vlastimil Krejčíř
Library and Information Centre, Institute of Computer Science
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Email: krejcir (at) ics (dot) muni (dot) cz
Phone: +420 549 49 3872
OpenPGP key: https://kic-internal.ics.muni.cz/~krejvl/pgp/
Fingerprint: 7800 64B2 6E20 645B 56AF  C303 34CB 1495 C641 11B9