Arjun

For this type of scripting I use jruby and a gem I developed that allows me to
access the DSpace objects in the Java API from ruby code. The gem interacts
with dspace version 5 and  is available from github:   jrdspace
gem<https://github.com/akinom/dspace-jruby
<https://github.com/akinom/dspace-jruby>>.  you can see the scripts I developed
at  cli-dspace<https://github.com/akinom/dspace-cli
<https://github.com/akinom/dspace-cli>>. For example I have a create script
that   given a first name , last name and netid  creates an EPerson record -
see

https://github.com/akinom/dspace-cli/blob/master/netid/create.rb#L13-L21
<https://github.com/akinom/dspace-cli/blob/master/netid/create.rb#L13-L21>

If you are interested in using this - I’d be glad to answer any question you
have.

Monika

Monika Mevenkamp
mo.me...@gmail.com