I want to ask a question about a possible bug in dspace 6 In dspace 4 it
works and and dspace 6 it does not.

basically, in the mets.xml for an item dspace 4 produces:

<dim:field qualifier="abstract" mdschema="dc" language="en_US"
element="description">This dissertation presents detailed studies of the
electronic structures of two&#13; molecular systems, iron monocarbide (FeC)
and rhenium mononitride (ReN). There had&#13; been no research on either
molecule prior to the present investigation.&#13; FeC is the first 3d
transition metal carbide to have been characterized&#13; spectroscopically.
The ground electronic state of FeC has been established in our studies&#13;
to be an inverted ³Δ (&#120575;³δ¹)

 but dspace 6 produces:

<dim:field qualifier="abstract" mdschema="dc" language="en_US"
element="description">This dissertation presents detailed studies of the
electronic structures of two&#13; molecular systems, iron monocarbide (FeC)
and rhenium mononitride (ReN). There had&#13; been no research on either
molecule prior to the present investigation.&#13; FeC is the first 3d
transition metal carbide to have been characterized&#13; spectroscopically.
The ground electronic state of FeC has been established in our studies&#13;
to be an inverted ³Δ (&#55349;&#57087;³δ¹)

So the problem is: "invalid xmlChar value 55349"

This stops the page from rendering so you cannot see the item or any of its
metadata.

The database is different but running on the same database server. Both
dspace 4 and 6 are on the same tomcat. Any ideas?