Good afternoon:

I'm trying to add a new step in the workflow to have an author (create the
item), a local editor (a reviewer), a final editor (another reviewer) and
the publication step.

I have modified these files to use a custom workflow:

dspace/config/xmlui.xconf
dspace/config/workflow.xml
dspace/config/spring/api/core-services.xml
dspace/config/spring/api/core-factory-services.xml
dspace/config/hibernate.cfg.xml

But I don't know hoy to modify the aspect and the behavior of the workflow.

I have seen in an implementation of the same workflow in an older version
of dspace (3.2) and they have modified these files too:

dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/xmlworkflow/state/actions/processingaction/AcceptAndEditMetadataAction.java
dspace-xmlui/src/main/java/org/dspace/app/xmlui/aspect/xmlworkflow/actions/processingaction/AcceptAndEditMetadataAction.java

I have two doubts, do I have to modify both .java files? In that case, how
I modify the file inside the dspace-api directory? (dspace-xmlui is inside
dspace/modules/xmlui).

Regards,
MarĂ­a