Dear Claudia,

Brilliant, thank you! I see I should have found this myself...

So, here is the problem.  On line 133, the links for the Language menu item
are set using the variable currentPage, which on my system has the value
localhost:8080.  All other links (href) are set using
request.getContextPath().
I switched this line to request.getContextPath(), and now it works fine.

currentPage is set on line 49:

String currentPage = UIUtil.getOriginalURL(request);

In UIUtil.java, getOriginalURL(request) returns
request.getAttribute("dspace.original.url").

public static String getOriginalURL(HttpServletRequest request)
    {
        initialize();

        // Make sure there's a URL in the
attribute

        storeOriginalURL(request);

        return ((String) request.getAttribute("dspace.original.url"));
    }

Should this be noted as a bug?

Best regards,
Paul