Hi.

I've got a demand on DSpace 5.6. JSPUI: to make login mandatory. This means
that a user must have an account in the repository in order to donwload or
view content. She or he can see items metadata but, as said, cannot access
related files.

I made somes changes in ItemTag.java so now the unlogged user will see a
message like:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-N_WCicMPC7c/WeevVZmDaBI/AAAAAAAAAqk/lN5O8XDu8-gW_UXcsHu7RIe64opEj5XGgCLcBGAs/s1600/restricao.JPG>

The red message says that the user must log in and if she is not yet a user
she can sign in clicking the blue link.

Everything works fine but in one simple situation:

1. The user goes into an item page and sees the red message
2. The user logs in and go to the page, again
[now the problem]
3. The user sees the old page with the red message

If the user is not naïve, she will click to reload the page and the problem
is gone.

Unfortunatelly, most users see this as an error (and indeed it is) and send
messages asking for help.

It seems the problem is related to caching the pages and I tried to insert

As I said I have a DSpace 5.6, JSPUI, running in a Ubuntu 14.04 box with
Tomcat 7.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

Ricardo