Hi Enes,

Sorry, I've run out of ideas here.  As you aren't able to reproduce this on
another server, and I cannot reproduce this on my end (or on demo.dspace.org),
it seems to me it's likely to be one of the following (but I don't know
which one):

1. A configuration problem in either curate.cfg or dspace.cfg
2. A code customization issue -- where some Java code was customized in the
DSpace API, and it's breaking how the Curation code normally functions
3. Possibly (though less likely) a DSpace upgrade issue, where some old
code is still "in place" (like an old JAR file or something) that is
conflicting with the current code.

That's my best guess here. If we could find a way to reproduce this issue
elsewhere, we might be able to narrow down the issue better.  But, without
reproducibility, I'm mostly just guessing at things that could be different
on this server.

You also might want to brainstorm what changed about this server recently,
as it sounds like something must have changed in order for it to stop
working suddenly... e.g. if you upgraded recently, maybe the upgrade messed
something up.  If you changed a configuration recently, maybe try undoing
recent config changes to see if they had an effect.  If you implemented
some custom code recently, maybe try undoing that to see if that could be
the cause.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.  If you figure out more about what could be
going on, please do let us know on this list (especially if you start to
narrow down the cause). It really could help others to debug issues that
they see that might be similar in the future.

Good luck,

Tim

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 6:25 PM eneshukic via DSpace Technical Support <
dspace-tech@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I have tried to copy the original curate.cfg, but it is the same outcome.
> I do not thing that it is the problem with curate.cfg.  The strange thing
> is that curation tasks have worked on this server for several months and
> tnen stopped working.
>
> Regards,
> Enes
>

> On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 7:57:56 PM UTC+2, Tim Donohue wrote:
>
>> Hi Enes,
>>
>> Huh, that is weird.  That configuration / output looks perfectly
>> reasonable to me, and I see it includes an entry named "requiredmetadata"
>> which is the exact task that threw the "Task: requiredmetadata not
>> resolved" error.   So, that's very odd to me... DSpace seems to see you
>> have a configuraiton for "requiredmetadata" but cannot find it when it
>> tries to run it.
>>
>> To be honest, that's a bit baffling to me.
>>
>> One thing you could try is to temporarily replace your configurations
>> with the *default* configurations from DSpace 6.x.  For example, copy the
>> curate.cfg for DSpace 6.x from here:
>> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-6_x/dspace/config/modules/curate.cfg
>>  And then double check that you have this "include" line in your
>> dspace.cfg:
>> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-6_x/dspace/config/dspace.cfg#L2005
>>
>> After you've temporarily changed your configs, try running the
>> "requiredmetadata" task again.  If it works, then that implies one of the
>> other custom configs in your curate.cfg might be to blame...you can add
>> them back in one-by-one to see which one causes the failure.  If it still
>> doesn't work, then it's not your curate.cfg file at all.
>>
>> - Tim
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 7:52 PM eneshukic via DSpace Technical Support <
>> dspac...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tim,
>>>
>>> I executed:
>>> dspace/bin/dspace dsprop -p plugin.named.org.dspace.curate.CurationTask
>>> -r
>>>
>>> My output is:
>>> [org.dspace.ctask.general.NoOpCurationTask = noop,
>>> org.dspace.ctask.general.ProfileFormats = profileformats,
>>> org.dspace.ctask.general.RequiredMetadata = requiredmetadata,
>>> org.dspace.ctask.general.ClamScan = vscan,
>>> org.dspace.ctask.general.MicrosoftTranslator = translate,
>>> org.dspace.ctask.general.MetadataValueLinkChecker = checklinks,
>>> org.dspace.ctask.general.ValidateMetadata = validatemetadata,
>>> org.dspace.ctask.general.ExtractMBRfromTFW = extractmbr,