If you want to test it on 5.x, it might be possible to charry-pick
just this one change.

https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2038.patch

It applies cleanly, so it might work there, too. If you test it, make
sure to add a comment to Jira or GitHub and we might still backport it
to 5.x.

Regards,
~~helix84