Hello Habibi,

Here's the metadata schemas/fields that come out of the box with DSpace:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Metadata+and+Bitstream+Format+Registries

You can add custom schemas/fields, but they must be of the same general
format as Qualified Dublin Core.  That format is
[schema].[element].[qualifier].

If there are fields you wish to store which do NOT fit well into Dublin
Core, we usually recommend creating a "local" schema (you can name it
whatever you want). You can then define any elements and qualifiers you
want within that schema.  For more information on the "local" schema and
other general metadata recommendations, see
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Metadata+Recommendations

Good luck, and let us know on this mailing list if you have other specific
questions.

Tim

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 4:00 AM shafi' Habibi <shafihab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm going to launch a data repositoryusing Dspace. I have a few questions
> that I would appreciated if you answer:
> 1- Which metadata can be used?
> 2. If I use Dublincore, how can I define, for example the type of data,
> variables type, and the number of samples and ...?
>
> Habibi
> Tabriz University of Medical Sciences

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org