Hey everyone-

Our DSpace instance was initially set up by someone no longer employed at
our institution.  For whatever reason the EPerson schema reads like this:

194 eperson.javascript:alert(10379).1234
<http://155.247.166.104:8080/xmlui/admin/metadata-registry?administrative-continue=8e241c4d692b7807756e38531c7b782d355e3d6b&submit_edit&fieldID=194>

1234
370 eperson.language
<http://155.247.166.104:8080/xmlui/admin/metadata-registry?administrative-continue=8e241c4d692b7807756e38531c7b782d355e3d6b&submit_edit&fieldID=370>

3 eperson.lastname.1234
<http://155.247.166.104:8080/xmlui/admin/metadata-registry?administrative-continue=8e241c4d692b7807756e38531c7b782d355e3d6b&submit_edit&fieldID=3>

1234
2 eperson.lastname
<http://155.247.166.104:8080/xmlui/admin/metadata-registry?administrative-continue=8e241c4d692b7807756e38531c7b782d355e3d6b&submit_edit&fieldID=2>

149 eperson.ls.1234
<http://155.247.166.104:8080/xmlui/admin/metadata-registry?administrative-continue=8e241c4d692b7807756e38531c7b782d355e3d6b&submit_edit&fieldID=149>

1234
363 eperson.password.1234
<http://155.247.166.104:8080/xmlui/admin/metadata-registry?administrative-continue=8e241c4d692b7807756e38531c7b782d355e3d6b&submit_edit&fieldID=363>

362 eperson.password
<http://155.247.166.104:8080/xmlui/admin/metadata-registry?administrative-continue=8e241c4d692b7807756e38531c7b782d355e3d6b&submit_edit&fieldID=362>

372 eperson.phone
<http://155.247.166.104:8080/xmlui/admin/metadata-registry?administrative-continue=8e241c4d692b7807756e38531c7b782d355e3d6b&submit_edit&fieldID=372>

139 eperson.ProbePhishing.1234
<http://155.247.166.104:8080/xmlui/admin/metadata-registry?administrative-continue=8e241c4d692b7807756e38531c7b782d355e3d6b&submit_edit&fieldID=139>

1234
183 eperson.<script>alert(10339)</script>.1234
<http://155.247.166.104:8080/xmlui/admin/metadata-registry?administrative-continue=8e241c4d692b7807756e38531c7b782d355e3d6b&submit_edit&fieldID=183>

1234
202 eperson.<script>alert(4224)</script>.1234
<http://155.247.166.104:8080/xmlui/admin/metadata-registry?administrative-continue=8e241c4d692b7807756e38531c7b782d355e3d6b&submit_edit&fieldID=202>

1234
And so on...

To do certain tasks we've been having to add fields to this.  For example,
to add a new user through the UI we had to add 'eperson.phone.null' to keep
it from throwing the following error:  "bad_dublin_core
schema=eperson.phone.null. Metadata field does not exist!"  We'd like to
proactively create these fields. Is there an example out-of-the-box eperson
schema we could refer to on the web?  We wern't able to locate one.
Alternately, would someone be willing to send us a list of fields that
should be present in an un-customized eperson schema, or to copy and paste
your schema into a document we could look over?  This would be much
appreciated!

A second question:  Both 'eperson.lastname.1234' and 'eperson.lastname'
give an 'in use' error when one tries to delete them ("Metadata field
eperson_lastname_1234 cannot be deleted as it is currently used by one or
more objects.").  Most of the ...1234 fields can be deleted, meaning the
system isn't using them.  Does anyone have any insight into why the
'eperson.lastname.1234' would be in use?

Thank you so much for your help!

-GG