Hi,
when I insert a new author and click on lookup button, a popup is opened
and it show that local value 'Rossi, Mario'  (not in naming authority). So
if I click on accept, this author receive a key (rp00001). In a new
submission, if I insert the same surname and name and click on lookup
button, the popup show me two Item: the old author with the key rp000x
(Rossi Mario rp00001) and another Item (Local value 'Rossi Mario' not in
naming authority). If I click on the second item (not in naming authority)
i should have a new author with  own key rp000002, so finally  i should
have two author in db: Rossi Mario rp00001 and Rossi Mario rp00002 but it
is not so. Even if I click on second item (Local value 'Rossi Mario' not in
naming authority) the author of the submitted item is always Rossi Mario
rp00001.
If the author of the submitted item is also a dspace user the thing is
different. Every time I click on 'local value 'surname, name' not in naming
authority' a new author is created with a new key rp0000x.
I wolud want that there will be more Rossi Mario authors with different
key. What is the problem? Why dspace have this behavior?
thank all
Andrea